OpenLANE makes a lot of output files! This can be quite confusing when you’re getting started.
Here’s a useful spreadsheet I made to show:
- the path of the files
- most important files and what they mean
- which tool creates which file
Thanks Amr and Ahmed for helping me with this!
Note that newer versions of OpenLANE have started numbering the filenames so I will update the spreadsheet in the future to reflect this.
I’ve also made a summary tool: https://github.com/mattvenn/openlane_summary
This allows you to easily:
- browse and pick a specific results directory
- get a summary of violations
- get a summary of antenna issues
- show usage of standard cells
- easily view the various stages of the OpenLANE ASIC flow: floorplanning, power distribution, placement and the final GDS.