OpenLANE Output Files
OpenLANE makes a lot of output files! This can be quite confusing when you’re getting started.
Here’s a useful spreadsheet I made to show:
- the path of the files
- most important files and what they mean
- which tool creates which file
Thanks Amr and Ahmed for helping me with this!
The spreadsheet was updated for MPW2, and there haven’t been major changes in MPW3.
OpenLANE summary tool
I’ve also made a summary tool: https://github.com/mattvenn/openlane_summary
This allows you to easily:
- browse and pick a specific results directory
- get a summary of violations
- get a summary of antenna issues
- show usage of standard cells
- easily view the various stages of the OpenLANE ASIC flow: floorplanning, power distribution, placement and the final GDS.